Monday, June 22, 2009

Fight Like a Girl

My awesome, amazing mom found out back in January that she has breast cancer. It was a complete blow to our family since there is no trace of breast cancer until my mom. She caught it early but still had to have chemo because the doctors don't know where the cancer came from or how it started growing. The thought of going through chemo was very scary to my mom!

The lump was removed and a few weeks later I was able to go with her to have her head shaved before she started her chemo treatments. Spending that time with my mom and watching her lose her hair was a moment I will never forget. Her faith in Christ and the love and support of prayer through family and friends as helped her "Fight like a Girl"

Mom ended up losing all of her hair but she still looks amazing and beautiful as ever.

My sisters' were down for the day last week and I wanted to take some pictures of her and us to remember her journey with cancer!!! I love you mom and you amaze me every time I see you!!!

Here are some pictures of the Glander Girls!!!



What can you do but embrace it! Love this picture!!




In the last couple of weeks mom has gotten used to not wearing a wig or scarf around the house. She did not know how the grand kids would react to her with no hair and she did not want to scare them. But like most kids they did not act or say anything different! She is still Grandee in their eyes!! What a sweet moment!!!



Here is Grandee and her grand babies!!!

I love you mom and we will always fight!!!

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home