Monday, January 11, 2010

Mommy Mondays

I promise to blog between Mondays but this did not happen this past week. So you are getting two Mondays in a row!!

My sisters and I decided to get together last week for a little girls weekend with the kids. There are 4 grand kids on my side and they are all girls. So I packed up the car, the girls, one sister and her dog and headed up the mountain to see my other sister and her girls in WV...yes I said WV where it is cold and lots of snow!!!

The car ride there was stressful with my youngest screaming her head off and crying pretty much the whole way (she never fell asleep so you can imagine. Every time she tried to go to sleep, something would happen to wake her up)...so when we got there she and mommy were more then ready for a nap! But enough about that...to the good stuff

The weekend had a lot of "first"
1. First long trip were Bria who did not nap at all in the car :) (stressful)
2. Hannah and bria's first experience with sledding and making snow angels
3. Bria seeing snow for the first time
4. First girls weekend with my sisters and the kids....priceless!!!!

So we played dress up, had dance parties, played house and doctor, ate lots of junk food, and watched lots of movies, and just had a good ole time!!!

I do have to say that we were the ONLY ones who were sledding...why do you ask...maybe because it was 10 DEGREES outside??? Yes, we were crazy but we don't see snow that often and my sisters and I really wanted the kids to have a great time together in the snow. It did not take long before we were all numb and having a blast!!! Even little Bria had fun....bad news is that I did not get any pic of us in the snow...boo. I could not hold Bria and take pictures at the same time my sister did so hopefully I will get a few from her. So here are a few pictures of the snow and the girls...


The view from my sister's front window (could not go outside because I was watching the baby while everyone else napped)Another view from her window

What I saw when I walked into the TV room sat. morning....ahhhhhh...love them


All the girl cousins before heading to church...how they love each other!

Till next time...stay warm and enjoy your families....J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home