Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Celebration of Life

I got the computer back so here goes!!!

I am so happy to say Praise God that Mom's treatments are over!!! Yeah!!!! She finished up just in time to take a week at the beach with the whole family. We have done this the last two years and mom and dad were never there the whole week, so this was a big deal!!!
Mom finished July 31st and headed to the beach Aug. 2nd!! Talk about close!!!!

I wish I would have taken a picture of our car!! LOL!! Mom and Dad stopped here and loaded their things into my car to head to the beach. Mike had to stay behind for a couple of days which was sad. But anyway I don't think we could have put anything else in the car!!

Let's see the list:
Car carrier full: check
Back of the car full to the top: check
Tow carrier full with coolers: check
Dad, Me, Mom, and the two girls packed: check

SURFSIDE BEACH HERE WE COME!!!

We made it with no problem and joined Jeanene, Kathi and her crew at the beach house!
It was a great week of fun, relaxation, laughter, sleep, cinnamon rolls(did I just say that), pool, beach, movies, runny noises(my girls), mom's birthday, mom and dad's anniversary,pictures and sun!! What a week!!!!

Can I go back please!!!! There is something to say for when you can spend a week with your whole family and wish you could still be around them!!!!

Funniest story of Hannah and Jessica....Hannah and Jesse are 6 months apart and they were each others shadow at the beach. It was so funny to watch them play together. Well, one night we decided to go out to dinner for Mom's birthday and we had to take two separate cars. When we got to the restaurant we did not park near each other.

See if you can picture this...

Hannah gets out of the car (Jesse does the same from her car) they see each other at a distance and instantly yell, (Hannah) "Jesse" (Jesse) "Hannah" and they run to each other and give each other a big hug as if they haven't seen each other in years(it had only been like 5 mins.) LOL!!!!!! I love it!!

Just a great week!! The best part was photographing my family. So enjoy the pictures and mom's celebration of life!!!!

Doesn't my Mom look AMAZING!!!



I don't know how Jeanene got in all the pictures with mom?? LOL Love the second picture of NEE NEE!!



The Grand Girls, in order Jessica 2 1/2, Lydia 6, Bria 9 months, Hannah 3



I mean seriously can they be any more adorable!!


Happy 40th Dad and Mom!! You guys are the BEST!!!


The Glander Family!!!! Surfside S.C. 2009

So check back soon for more beach pictures and please leave a comment if you would like!
more to come....J

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi it is Jenny and I love your family pics...nice work and oh my gosh our moms could be twins...I have never seen your mom with short hair and she does look wonderful - hope you had a great summer and hopefully we will see you soon :)

August 13, 2009 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jodi,
Good stuff. Im glad your mom is better. She does look good. My sister Trish went through similar stuff and I know its tough.
Anyway you all look good and beautiful kids. If Id have known you lived in Columbia Id have looked you up. I lived there in 2007 on N. Augusta road in Lexington. Loved Fat Boys salads and gyros.

Take care,

Steve
Steve Hackling

August 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Jodi Jones said...

Hey Steve, so good to hear from you!! Samll world! Wish we knew you were here! That is right around the corner from me! The girls are beautiful just need some boys!! Ha ha

August 14, 2009 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kathi sent me the link the other day. If your on Fb, go to my page. Im linked to her page. Youll see one there.
I sent the link to my mom and sister. Very inspirational. Hope you keep it updated.
Cant believe youre in Cola. I guess youre kind of used to the heat there being from south Florida.
Take care

August 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of everyone. Your parents (and all the family) have been in our prayers daily for the last 7 months!! So glad the treatment is done! Thanks for posting the pics - great to see everyone!
Love, Katrina

September 5, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home